The association was founded in 1965 and was accepted as a charity for tax purposes in 2013. It is affiliated to the Federation of Cathedral Old Choristers’ Associations.
The objects of the Association are:
- To advance the education of the public in the art and science of English Cathedral music by supporting and furthering the provision of this music by organists, songmen, the boys and girls of the Cathedral Choir, thus helping to ensure that its tradition is maintained and developed as part of the Cathedral’s worship and heritage
- To establish and maintain links between former choristers
- To encourage the membership to participate in the life of the Cathedral and in particular its music
- To arrange social and other activities in furtherence of these intentions
The Association has four different classes of membership:
- Full Membership, which is open to all who have served as choristers at the Cathedral Church of St Martin, Leicester.
- Associate Membership, which is open to those who are or have been connected with the music of the Cathedral and have been proposed, seconded and elected by the Executive Committee of the Association.
- Affiliate Membership, which is open to members of other Cathedral Old Choristers’ Associations who live in the Diocese of Leicester.
- Patrons who are those that are interested in the work of the Association and subscribe to its funds.
The Committee would be pleased to hear from anyone who would like to join the Association or to receive further details of its activities. You can contact the Association by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest newsletter is available here: LCOCA Newsletter 2017
The Association’s GDPR Policy & Privacy Statement