Leicester Cathedral is closing our doors to the public but we are ensuring our online services, events, and prayers are offered during these further weeks of lockdown. For more information, please click here.
People visit Leicester Cathedral from far and wide for all sorts of reasons, and we don’t want you to be disappointed after a long journey. So when you make your plans to visit us, you might like to check the following things:
- Consult the What’s On menu for our general Opening and Standard Service Times.
- Please consult the list of forthcoming Cathedral closures. Check also for any special Services or Events that may be taking place on the date you’re planning to visit.
- Use the Find Us tab for general travel and parking information.
- If your visit is likely to involve 6 or more people, it may be advisable to check first with our Bookings Manager by email so we can assure you of the best welcome.
- If in doubt, give us a call in normal office hours on 0116 261 5373, and our small but friendly office team will be pleased to help you.
There is no general admission charge to visit the Cathedral, but we do invite all our visitors to make a voluntary donation before leaving. Our recommendation is £3 per adult visitor. If it is more convenient this can be done by text. Group tours do incur a charge, and this would be arranged through our Bookings Manager.
If you are planning an educational group visit, please visit our Education page for further details.